Attorney Jacob C. Murov
Jacob concentrates his practice on representing victims in several types of personal injury and wrongful death cases, including lawsuits arising out of automobile collisions, trucking negligence, product liability, premises liability, and cases under the Federal Employers’ Liability Act (FELA), and the Jones Act. As an experienced litigator, he regularly confronts large corporations and insurance companies in state and federal courts throughout the country.
Jacob’s success has earned him many honors and led to numerous multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements, including a $12.5 million jury verdict against BNSF Railway Company for a railroad worker who lost his leg under the wheel of a train. In 2015, Jacob received recognition for this verdict from Missouri Lawyers’ Weekly for securing the largest reported plaintiff’s verdict in Missouri. Jacob’s achievements as a litigator also led the National Trial Lawyers to select him for inclusion in its “Top 40 Under 40”, which is a professional organization comprised of America’s top young trial attorneys.
Some of Jacob’s other trial experience and recent settlements, which reflect the wide variety of his practice, include:
- $4.5 million jury verdict in a Jones Act Wrongful Death case for the family of a man who drowned when the towboat he was working on sank in the river.
- $3.3 million settlement for client-motorcyclist who suffered amputation of his leg as a result of a highway wreck.
- $1.85 million jury verdict for Union Pacific Railroad locomotive engineer, who sustained spine injuries as a result of train separation and subsequent collision.
- $1.779 million jury verdict for BNSF Railway track maintenance employee, who suffered cumulative trauma spine injuries.
- $1.275 million settlement for client with traumatic brain injury from car wreck, which included all available insurance money from the tortfeasor and all uninsured and underinsured motorist benefits available under client’s insurance policy.
- $1.05 million jury verdict for client whose thumb was crushed in an industrial lamination machine at work.
- $906,975 jury verdict for BNSF Railway conductor, who suffered ankle injuries as a result of falling on locomotive steps.
- $795,000 settlement in premises liability case where client suffered a neck injury as a result of items falling from shelf and striking his head.
- $725,000 jury verdict for Union Pacific Railroad carman, who suffered spine injuries as a result of collision between his work utility vehicle and a railcar.
- $490,000 settlement for client who injured neck in car wreck.
- $300,000 settlement for client who was bitten by a dog and suffered knee injury.
- $275,000 settlement for client who suffered ankle injury as a result of a commercial truck backing into her on rural highway.
Jacob received his undergraduate degree from Indiana University and law degree from DePaul University in Chicago. After law school, Jacob began his career working in Chicago representing large employers and insurance companies in defense of claims. After seeing first-hand how these companies disregarded the rights of ordinary individuals, Jacob switched sides and became a plaintiff’s advocate. His prior experience working on the defense side provides him with an insider advantage in representing his personal injury clients.
Outside of work, Jacob spends most of his time with his wife, Lauren, and their two children, Noah and Alexa. He is an avid sports fan and runner and enjoys coaching his son’s basketball team.
- DePaul University School of Law
- Juris Doctor, 2004
Recipient of CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Evidence
- Indiana University
- B.S. Communications/Minor in Business, 2000